Monday, October 24, 2011
Slow Simmered Zucchini with Tomatoes
Try this Zucchini and enjoy this great vegetable, it makes a fabulous side dish to just about any main dish.
Zucchini Recipe Ingredients:
* 4 to 6 small zucchini squash, about 1 1/2 pounds
* 1 medium sweet onion
* 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
* 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
* dash Cajun seasoning, optional
* 1 cup chicken broth
* juice of 1 lemon, about 2 to 3 tablespoons
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
* salt and pepper, to taste
Zucchini Recipe Instructions:
Cut zucchini into sticks or slices. Quarter and slice the onion. Combine the prepared zucchini and onion, garlic, basil, Cajun seasoning, chicken broth, and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Add tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper, as desired. The Zucchini is ready to serves 4 to 6 people...enjoy !
Zucchini Recipe: zucchini-brown-rice-primavera