Sunday, September 14, 2008
Zucchini w/Tomatoes & Cheese
Try this nice zucchini recipe....a classic one !
* 4 small zucchini
* 2 large tomatoes
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
* 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 8 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
* 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 2 1/2 to 3-quart baking dish.
Cut ends from zucchini and cut in 1/2-inch rounds. Cut cores from tomatoes and slice about 1/2-inch thick. Cut each slice into quarters. Combine the zucchini and tomatoes; sprinkle with the onion, garlic, salt, basil, and pepper. Toss to blend; drizzle with the olive oil and toss again to coat the vegetables. Turn the vegetables into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with cheese and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes longer. Enjoy this fabolous zucchini ! great taste !