- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegatable)
- 2 cups unpeeled, diced zucchini (10 ounces, or 2 small)
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalepeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat or skim milk
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- minced fresh parsely and ground nutmeg for garnish
In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in the buter or butter until it is tender, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the broth, zucchini, corn, peppers, salt, and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat, cover the pan, and cook the soup until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the milk, and heat the soup until it is hot but not boiling. Remove the soup from the heat, and stir in the cheese. Garnish the soup with parsely and nutmeg. The zucchini recipe is ready to serve...enjoy !