ZUCCHINI MARMALADE .. try this nice zucchini recipe...a nice one !
- 2 lbs zucchini or Summer squash
- juice of 2 lemons, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon grate lemon zest (yellow rind portion)
- 1 13.5 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package Certo (or other powdered pectin)
- 5 cups sugar (no substitute)
- 2-3 tablespoons candied ginger, finely minced
- 5-6 1/2 pint canning jars
Have ready 5-6 1/2 pint canning jars, washed and sterilized .Wash the zucchini, peel and slice. In a non-aluminum kettle, combine lemon juice, lemon zest (the lemon zest is the yellow portion of the peel which has all of the white parts removed), and the drained pineapple (save the pineapple juice for something else).
Bring to a boil and immediately lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
Stir in pectin and boil again. Add sugar, ginger, and continue to boil the mixture for another minute, stirring all the while.
Remove kettle from heat, skimming off any foam which rises to the surface. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Ladle into hot sterile jars and seal according to manufacturer's directions.Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner. The zucchini recipe is ready to serve...enjoy the meal ! Nice one....