- 3 tbsps. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 yellow onions, cut in half and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lbs. zucchini, remove ends and slice
- 1 c. white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cs. chicken or veggie stock, or water
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, finely grated
- Parmesan & oregano croutons:
- 1 1/2 cs. day old french bread, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tbsps. fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
In a large stockpot, heat butter and olive oil together. Add onions and cook until transparent. Add garlic and zucchini, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
De-glaze the pan with wine and add salt and pepper. Once wine has reduced by half add stock and season. Bring to a boil and cook until zucchini is soft enough to purée.
In a blender, Cuisinart or with a hand held buerre mixer, puree soup to desired consistency. Stir in cream and nutmeg, taste and adjust seasonings.
To make croutons, preheat oven to 375°F. Toss cubed bread with olive oil.
Bake until the croutons are a light golden brown. As soon as the croutons are removed from the oven, toss with oregano, cheese and a little salt.This great zucchini recipe serve 8 great persons.